Orthodontics for Children and Adolescents
in Renton & Kent
It is never too late or too early to think about braces for your child’s teeth. Whether your child is just starting grade school or college, Dr. O’Brien and Dr. Huynh would like to give you the information necessary for your child to have a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
If early orthodontic treatment is recommended, we begin treatment when the lower two permanent teeth have erupted (ages 5-7).
The advantages of early treatment include:
- Moving the front teeth back so they will be less susceptible to injury.
- Improving the relationship of upper and lower jaws, allowing more normal future growth and development.
- Using maximum advantage of growth for successful treatment.
- Improving facial appearance and self esteem.
- Taking advantage of the good cooperation of patients at this age.
- Possibly avoiding or reducing the need for further treatment when patients are older.